Is it possible to Hide an Entire Section from my Homepage and Unhide for later use?

Go to solution Solved by Beyondspace,

• 11 months later...

hey @bangank36 and @creedon I'm hvaing trouble removing one section of the footer on the home page.  Hoping you could take a look at it for me?  www.tlastmarks.com  password is: 20222023  

Also if anyone can figure out this weird footer situation that's happening in portrait ipad mode?  You'll have to view it (navy blue section and section above it) while reducing your browser size...  I've combed through my CSS and can't find the culprit 😞

9 minutes ago, DevonHarris said:

I'm hvaing trouble removing one section of the footer on the home page.

Which section? Can you provide a picture?

The usual way to hide a section on the homepage would be a selector that starts with .homepage. So you'd end up with something like the following.

.homepage [data-section-id="62f6c16b4066023472778cdf"] {

display : none;

}

Also if anyone can figure out this weird footer situation that's happening in portrait ipad mode?

The issue is probably related to overlapping min/max width values. When you are switching sections on and off the values should not overlap. The settings you have are saying at 780 px hide both sections at the same time.

@media screen and (min-width: 780px) {
  section[data-section-id="62f2662e33a00e73740c9d72"] {
    display:none !important
  }
}

@media screen and (max-width: 780px) {
  section[data-section-id="62f1d59773499aedccb5d1c9"] {
    display:none !important
  }
}

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 year later...

@Beyondspace just wanted to say THANK YOU 🙏🙏🙏. I am used to LeadPages and there it is soooo easy to hide sections. But while I do love SquareSpace, I had a scenario where I needed to hide or show sections, and your code is so perfect. 

I love how it makes it semi-transparent in edit mode. Unlike other code snippets I found which hide it completely.

• 3 months later...