Product Pagination 7.1

• 1 year later...
23 hours ago, codeandtonic said:

I'm making a plugin for this.

Check the demo video below and Email me if you'd like to try it.

Let me know your thoughts.
-Fenix / codeandtonic

If you created a plugin or published a guide, please post link, we can follow or purchase it.

If you haven't create anything, you should post when you created it.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 4 weeks later...

This thread asking for the same thing has more info:

It's possible to add the pagination back in 7.1, however it's quite a complex problem. I've written a blog post about this (although it's mostly regarding my Squarespace 7.1 Pagination plugin but has info about why it was taken away and how to solve this yourself.

In a nutshell, you'll of course first see if you're on a product page –otherwise we shouldn't do anything.  You can do this by seeing if url contains /p/ and if there's a product title on the page:

if(  window.location.pathname.includes("/p/") && $(".product-details").length  ) {

}

Then you'll use javascript fetch (it's a function that allows us to fetch information from another place) and the Squarespace website JSON, which has information about your site and store like what products are there, what are their names, their urls etc. Then you'll use jQuery or similar javascript library to insert the next and previous product links to the template.  You can of course customise the style with CSS

Also note, that just like in squarespace 7.0, with these solutions the next/previous product will be from the list of all products. Not necessarily from the same category as the product that's being viewed. However it'd also possible to make the pagination do that by comparing the category names and categoryIDs in the JSON. 

Paid plugin available also...

If you're lazy I've coded a Squarespace 7.1 Pagination plugin

Edited by codeandtonic

Freelance Squarespace developer making plugins like Full-Width Blocks, Hover effects for grid gallery and the Darkmode plugin. I know Squarespace inside out and I'm able to solve pretty much any Squarespace code problem.

Get in touch here!

• 2 months later...

I have try on a website. Squarespace 7.0

https://www.seaglass.life/store

Screenshot_189.png

If my comments are useful, please like and mark my solution as answer. It will encourage me. Thanks

MD Rofik
Website Designer and Digital Marketer

Am I helpful? Want to offer me a coffee?
Send me a message if needed any help. I'll try to reply as soon as possible.

Web_Solutions

This thread is for the next / previous PRODUCT links. So when you click on a product, there's a button to go to next product. Your screenshot is the product list pagination, which means going to the next page on the product list. Different thing 🙂

Freelance Squarespace developer making plugins like Full-Width Blocks, Hover effects for grid gallery and the Darkmode plugin. I know Squarespace inside out and I'm able to solve pretty much any Squarespace code problem.

Get in touch here!

• 9 months later...