Member Area Discount on Reoccurring Fee

To encourage membership to have a trial, I would like to offer discounted or free first month.  The discounts do not work when fee is set to reoccurring.  The only way I can find for a discount to work is for one time fee.  

Any idea on a workaround or if a fix is being worked on?  It's seems to be an intuitive use of a discount and like something a lot of people would want.

I thought of doing one time fee with discount and then plan to add a subscription on the backend in Stripe, but that takes the automation out totally and you don't collect the credit card information so it ends up a monthly invoice.

Thanks for help!

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am struggling with something similar. Wishing there was a direct way within the Member Areas to offer a trial period or recurring discount, even different fee structures for the same content area (monthly and annual options for an example).

I hope someone is able to chime in with some guidance or with any indication if this is on the radar for Squarespace.

• 4 weeks later...

Not ideal, but my workaround (for the member site I'm launching in a few days) is to create:

• one Member Area that's set to free access, and
  • a second Member Area that's a monthly recurring fee

I'm only going to toggle the free one on from time to time (it will contain sample content) as a promotion for new sign-ups. When I toggle it off, free users who have signed up will only see the per-month Member Area.

I would prefer to have coupon codes (or gift cards/codes) that grant temporary access. I imagine it's already on the wish list — right Squarespace pals?

Archived