New to selling my art online, would love some feedback on my new shop!

Site URL: http://www.claralang-ezekiel.com/new-products

Hi there! 
I've been using squarespace as an online portfolio for years but I've recently started using it to sell my artwork, highlight some of the projects I'm working on, and more. I'm particularly new to the online selling aspect and am learning as I go. I would love some feedback on the shop, the site as a whole, and tips on how to advertise and sell my artwork. 
Thank you!!! 
-Clara 

TlsMockup.jpg

Bath3.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Clara, thanks again for the blog feedback, I've had a look at your website and the shop looks great! I really love the concept and design 🙂 I would say maybe look at changing the layout of your navigation bar so it's a little less busy. Other than that, the site looks great! Best of luck with everything 

Addy

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 11:24 PM, ClaraLangEzekiel said:

Site URL: http://www.claralang-ezekiel.com/new-products

Hi there! 
I've been using squarespace as an online portfolio for years but I've recently started using it to sell my artwork, highlight some of the projects I'm working on, and more. I'm particularly new to the online selling aspect and am learning as I go. I would love some feedback on the shop, the site as a whole, and tips on how to advertise and sell my artwork. 
Thank you!!! 
-Clara 

I would use images outside of frames for the main image so the artwork is totally clean of anything else and the viewer isn't distracted.  I removes distraction and promotes consistency.  I would then show the pictures of the work in a frame on the click through page.

I would not use a double navigation like you have as it is extremely confusing.  Also, you don't really want more than six items on any navigation so consider revisiting and simplifying your site architecture.

Archived