How to Add Anchors

Site URL: https://sunfish-bobcat-m5pn.squarespace.com/

I am looking to add an in-page anchor, so when people click on a button they advance down the page to a different section. 

The page in reference is https://sunfish-bobcat-m5pn.squarespace.com/weddings

I'd like the button for "Walk Through a Wedding" to link to the section at the bottom of the same page that says "A Day in the Life of a Jillicious Wedding"

Can someone help?

• Replies 13
  • Views 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, mandelbaummarketing said:

Site URL: https://sunfish-bobcat-m5pn.squarespace.com/

I am looking to add an in-page anchor, so when people click on a button they advance down the page to a different section. 

The page in reference is https://sunfish-bobcat-m5pn.squarespace.com/weddings

I'd like the button for "Walk Through a Wedding" to link to the section at the bottom of the same page that says "A Day in the Life of a Jillicious Wedding"

Can someone help?

May I ask on what sqaurespace version you are on?

1 hour ago, mandelbaummarketing said:

id

ideally, id like to create a unique link for a section of a page, so that i can link to it from a button on the page as well as from the footer. 

So are you wanting it to work like if someone was to press a button, it will link to a section on the page, or the other way around?

14 hours ago, inunzi said:

So are you wanting it to work like if someone was to press a button, it will link to a section on the page, or the other way around?

i would like two things:

1. (the first thing you said) if someone was to press a button, it will link to a section on the page

2. if i write, for instance, "get hired" in the footer, and they dont have a separate "get hired" page, i can have this hyperlink to the "get hired" SECTION of the "about us" PAGE

1 hour ago, mandelbaummarketing said:

i would like two things:

1. (the first thing you said) if someone was to press a button, it will link to a section on the page

2. if i write, for instance, "get hired" in the footer, and they dont have a separate "get hired" page, i can have this hyperlink to the "get hired" SECTION of the "about us" PAGE

1. Ok perfect, I will give you written instructions in a bit, is that fine with you?

2. so you would want a linked text “Get hired” in the footer, to link to a different page ?

18 minutes ago, inunzi said:

1. Ok perfect, I will give you written instructions in a bit, is that fine with you?

2. so you would want a linked text “Get hired” in the footer, to link to a different page ?

yes, thank you!

well, specifically, i want to link "Committed to Diversity & Inclusion" in the footer to a section of the Our Story page, where it says Our Team

33 minutes ago, mandelbaummarketing said:

yes, thank you!

well, specifically, i want to link "Committed to Diversity & Inclusion" in the footer to a section of the Our Story page, where it says Our Team

Ok let me know if you would like to have photo instructions instead 👍.

1. Go to the section that you would like the anchor on.

2. Add a code block on that section, and then paste this code into the code block. <div Id=“anchor#”>
</div>

3. change the “#” to any number you want. Note: Do Not Duplicate the numbers in the anchor code unless you want multiple anchor links to go to the same section. 

4. Now go to where your button/text is to where you want it to be activated. Then, once you find the part where it says “ClickThrough Url” type in #anchor (and then your number. So like for example: I would type #anchor4.

5. click save, and then test it. 

6. let me know how it goes 😁👍.

23 hours ago, inunzi said:

Ok let me know if you would like to have photo instructions instead 👍.

1. Go to the section that you would like the anchor on.

2. Add a code block on that section, and then paste this code into the code block. <div Id=“anchor#”>
</div>

3. change the “#” to any number you want. Note: Do Not Duplicate the numbers in the anchor code unless you want multiple anchor links to go to the same section. 

4. Now go to where your button/text is to where you want it to be activated. Then, once you find the part where it says “ClickThrough Url” type in #anchor (and then your number. So like for example: I would type #anchor4.

5. click save, and then test it. 

6. let me know how it goes 😁👍.

didnt work 😞

Archived