My website banner image is distorted when accessed through the Instagram app! Help please :)

Site URL: http://kelliepaxian.com

Hi everyone! I'm having a major problem that neither Squarespace, Apple, nor Instagram's support teams have been able to help me with, and it is losing me business by the day!

My website kelliepaxian.com shows up with distorted formatting (eg. the banner image is extremely zoomed in) when opened via the Instagram app (but only for iPhone users it seems). I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like on a browser (ie. what it's supposed to look like) and what it looks like when opened through Instagram.

This problem only arose within the last month or so.

Squarespace says they are unable to help me because Instagram is not one of their supported browsers, but this is my primary marketing platform and where almost all my website traffic comes from.

Things I have tried:

• Accessing from different phones
  • Clearing my cache
  • Using a different photo
  • Cropping the photo differently
  • Updating the app

Any other suggestions would be SO appreciated! Thank you!

KelliePaxian.com Instagram presentation.jpeg

KelliePaxian.com Browser presentation.jpeg

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi I am having this same issue, except the image is getting shifted so much that half the border is white. I use to not have this issue and I am unsure what has started this. 

Zacdovwiesel.com 

IMG_5234.PNG

Edited by zac123
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 4/23/2022 at 9:39 PM, moonlitdesign said:

@tuanphan

hey I’m getting similar problem where images are moving around on scroll when you open website from Instagram app and it’s ruining the experience. Any ideas ?

Hi. I have no idea to solve this 😞 Try posting to Squarespace Customization Resource Group on Facebook

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey there, I'm facing the same problem with my website. It appears with messed up formatting when accessed through the Instagram app, particularly for iPhone users. For instance, the banner image of my posts is excessively zoomed in. To avoid this issue, I've stopped displaying the banner image of posts. However, this approach has caused me to lose the audience I want to reach out to. So, I'm looking for a solution to this problem.

Edited by jackieAlan