Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
  • 0

Menu Block Spacing


drewekatz

Question

Site URL: https://www.thistleandleek.com/

Hello all! For a site I'm working on (link above) I'm trying to reduce padding in the menu block. I've tried adding negative pixel values for elements and nothing happens. Only when I add positive values does the padding change.

Can someone help me reduce top padding for the menu-item elements? That would be a huge start to shrinking things up vertically. Then maybe change the bottom padding for the entire menu section...

Also wondering since I don't have a "Description" if that's something I should hide altogether. Not sure if that would help shrink things up.

Thanks!

 

Edited by drewekatz
Link to post
  • Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
8 hours ago, drewekatz said:

Site URL: https://www.thistleandleek.com/

Hello all! For a site I'm working on (link above) I'm trying to reduce padding in the menu block. I've tried adding negative pixel values for elements and nothing happens. Only when I add positive values does the padding change.

Can someone help me reduce top padding for the menu-item elements? That would be a huge start to shrinking things up vertically. Then maybe change the bottom padding for the entire menu section...

Also wondering since I don't have a "Description" if that's something I should hide altogether. Not sure if that would help shrink things up.

Thanks!

 

May I give a suggestion? I am not wanting you to change anything on your site that you are not wanting to, but however the menu items are the color of black, and with the banner image behind the text, the black doesn’t bind in well with it. So my suggestion was having the text white, so that it’s way easier to read. And also, are you trying to make the text on the menu smaller, the navigation bar it’s self? Or both?

Edited by inunzi
Link to post
  • 0
On 10/22/2020 at 4:29 PM, inunzi said:

May I give a suggestion? I am not wanting you to change anything on your site that you are not wanting to, but however the menu items are the color of black, and with the banner image behind the text, the black doesn’t bind in well with it. So my suggestion was having the text white, so that it’s way easier to read. And also, are you trying to make the text on the menu smaller, the navigation bar it’s self? Or both?

I’m talking about the actual menu block. Where the food items live in the site. The vertical spacing is extreme. 

Link to post
  • 0
On 10/23/2020 at 7:01 AM, tuanphan said:

padding negative doesn't exist.

you need to use margin. It has negative value

Example? Because when I use margin I’m not able to shrink up the vertical space. Thanks!

Link to post
  • 0
12 hours ago, inunzi said:

May I see a screenshot on pc?

You should be able to see it on the site? thistleandleek.com

Either way, uploading here. I figured out how to to remove the space after the price using a negative bottom margin, but it's not working to decrease space after the last item and before the next section. 

 

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 8.10.32 AM (2).png

Edited by drewekatz
Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, drewekatz said:

You should be able to see it on the site? thistleandleek.com

Either way, uploading here. I figured out how to to remove the space after the price using a negative bottom margin, but it's not working to decrease space after the last item and before the next section. 

 

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 8.10.32 AM (2).png

1. Sorry I was trying to see if there was a difference in appearance on a bigger screen. 
 

2. I haven’t seen much of a spacing issue with the dinner part, but I see that the “lunch to go menu has some spacing problems. I’m not quite sure on what the issue would be unless I see what type of stuff you added to the block like code.

Edited by inunzi
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment


×
×
  • Create New...