Remove project title from grid

• 10 months later...

@lidyaaC

if you want to remove the headings from the simple grid layout you can do that with some css. 

exactly how you do that depends on whether you want to get rid of the text on all your portfolios or just a specific one, and possibly whether you're on a business/premium plan.

To start with though, this will hide the text under portfolios in all cases. Add this code to your Custom CSS in the main Design menu

div.portfolio-text {
    display: none;
}

if you want to get rid of it on a specific page and you're on business / premium plan, then wrap the code above in <style> </style> tags, and put it in the advanced code injection part of the page settings.

if you want to get rid of it on a specific section then you'll need to find the section id. you can do that using a chrome extension Squarespace ID Finder, or look in the source for "data-section-id". once you've got it you can edit the rule above to be more specific. something like this, but insert your section id:

section[data-section-id="600ff3ae2549287fcef1d4d2"] div.portfolio-text {
	display:none;
}

hope that helps.

Dave Hart. Software/Technology Consultant living in London. buymeacoffee 

• 4 months later...
On 8/11/2021 at 3:07 PM, iamdavehart said:

@lidyaaC

if you want to remove the headings from the simple grid layout you can do that with some css. 

exactly how you do that depends on whether you want to get rid of the text on all your portfolios or just a specific one, and possibly whether you're on a business/premium plan.

To start with though, this will hide the text under portfolios in all cases. Add this code to your Custom CSS in the main Design menu

div.portfolio-text {
    display: none;
}

if you want to get rid of it on a specific page and you're on business / premium plan, then wrap the code above in <style> </style> tags, and put it in the advanced code injection part of the page settings.

if you want to get rid of it on a specific section then you'll need to find the section id. you can do that using a chrome extension Squarespace ID Finder, or look in the source for "data-section-id". once you've got it you can edit the rule above to be more specific. something like this, but insert your section id:

section[data-section-id="600ff3ae2549287fcef1d4d2"] div.portfolio-text {
	display:none;
}

hope that helps.

Thanks for this! I'm using "Grid: Overlay" but the first code did not work. I'm trying to hide all portfolio titles whether hovered or not (I'll have images/hover images that include the title in the image). Any suggestions? 

12 minutes ago, bcmarimba said:

Thanks for this! I'm using "Grid: Overlay" but the first code did not work. I'm trying to hide all portfolio titles whether hovered or not (I'll have images/hover images that include the title in the image). Any suggestions? 

Can you share link to page where you use grid? We can help easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

7 hours ago, tuanphan said:

You mean

• Remove title from 4 images

OR

• Initial: hide titles
  • Hover: Show overlay + titles

Thanks, I want to hide titles completely on all Portfolio items. I will then use my own image and hover image (one of which will include the title), if that makes sense! 

On 1/3/2022 at 12:08 AM, bcmarimba said:

Thanks, I want to hide titles completely on all Portfolio items. I will then use my own image and hover image (one of which will include the title), if that makes sense! 

Add to Design > Custom CSS

/* Hide portfolio title */
.portfolio-text h3 {
    opacity: 0;
}

Or send to forum message

• 1 year later...
On 1/3/2022 at 11:49 PM, tuanphan said:

/* Hide portfolio title */
.portfolio-text h3 {
    opacity: 0;
}

Hi! For some reason, this code doesn't work on my website even though I have exactly the same layout (Grid:Overlay), and I wanted it to do exactly the same thing, which is to hide all titles completely on all Portfolio items. I wonder if anybody knows what the issue might be. I was thinking maybe the code needs to be updated since January last year? Anyway, Thank you!

4 hours ago, Ivan-k said:

this code doesn't work

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

You may find How to post a forum question post useful.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 6/22/2023 at 11:53 AM, creedon said:

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

You may find How to post a forum question post useful.

Here's the website (temp): 
Password: zr89Q

I plan to use Featured Images with custom titles for each project, so I don't want the project's name text (Project One, Project Two, etc.) to appear when the cursor hovers over the project.

No Custom CSS is used at the moment.

Thank you!

Edited by Ivan-k
22 minutes ago, Ivan-k said:

Here's the website (temp): https://www.ivankhomenko.com/
Password: zr89Q

I plan to use Featured Images with custom titles for each project, so I don't want the project's name text (Project One, Project Two, etc.) to appear when the cursor hovers over the project.

No Custom CSS is used at the moment.

Thank you!

/* Hide portfolio item titles */
.portfolio-grid-overlay .grid-item .portfolio-text .portfolio-title {
	display: none !important;
}

Or send to forum message