What is the best to set a 1 unit per order restriction for customers?

Site URL: http://www.karitonsorbetes.com

Hello,

Can anyone help or give advice on what is the best way to implementing a limit order for customers. I have looked all over the internet and from what I gather you can't do this on Squarespace. My clients website is already on Squarespace and we don't necessarily have the time to redo the whole website on shopify. If I had know that the client wanted these features before hand it would be a different story.....hence my issue.

Should I use the Shopify buy button to integrate with Squarespace website and will this allow a limit order for customers? This is crucial for the client to have and have only been told about this after the website design! Will you have the option to keep the same styling in squarespace with the buy button? 

Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Theresa

• Replies 6
  • Views 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/4/2020 at 7:42 AM, Theresamo said:

Can anyone help or give advice on what is the best way to implementing a limit order for customers. I have looked all over the internet and from what I gather you can't do this on Squarespace.

Yes, you can do this with JavaScript by setting the max attribute to "1” in that particular product’s Qty box.  You will also need to add some CSS (or JS) to the cart page to prevent customers increasing the quantity when they reach this page. 

There is a serious limitation on the checkout page though, because you cannot prevent customers increasing the quantity on this page. Code cannot be added to this page, so there is nothing you can do about this issue.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived