Accepting credit cards

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It easy, you just need to open a merchant account and connect your website to a payment gateway. Usually companies provide payment gateway services that may assist you to open a merchant account with the bank, which is the most matched to your requirements. Also they may advise you about all questions connected with credit card payments acceptance.  For example you may contact finance prepaid card tell them what you need.

On 8/18/2020 at 8:56 PM, OHH2020 said:

Has anyone been able to use Square on Squarespace, instead of Stripe?

You can use Ecwid with Squarespace to allow you to take payments with Square.

As mentioned in my previous post, this does not mean that you can integrate it with Squarespace Commerce - you can't. You'll be using Squarespace for the website only, not for the commerce features. The commerce features will all be managed on Ecwid, including product inventory, sales, analytics and checkout.

You can get a free Ecwid account to try out Ecwid Buy Buttons and take payments with Square. 

Bear in mind that Square typically takes a larger cut of all transactions than Stripe. Their standard online rate is 2.5% but for CBD businesses it is 4.2% + 30¢ per transaction. Ecwid's Venture plan is around $15/€15/£12.50 per month in addition to the Squarespace and Square costs.

If this helps you, please click "Like" below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived