Multiple Facebook Pixels

Site URL: https://wilson-homes.com/

I have created several Facebook pixels for different pages/communities that exist on my website. I want to add a separate pixel for each. I went to Marketing > Facebook Pixels and Ads, and found the field to enter a Pixel ID. But it looks like it applies to just the one site overall. How do I add multiple pixels to target specific pages in SquareSpace? Is there a way to do it with installing base code? I'm new to this, go easy.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

@millagorilla the last few words of your post were on the right track!! 🙂

As a general rule you would use a single pixel across your network of websites, and then use conditional audience rules to segment out your different audiences.

In the post Jan 2020 world of Facebook every domain against which a pixel is being fired needs to be authenticated in different ways via the Facebook Business Manager (my advice would also be to have one of these accounts setup to manage your pixels and other business settings).

This can only be done at a domain level, so that means that if you install different pixels on your website to access different areas of your customers you will need to authenticate each domain separately. Also bear in mind that only one domain can be authenticated by pixel.

There is allot more beside, but my advice would be to check out a few videos on YouTube that explain how to setup audience segments  in Facebook advertising manager as this will probably provide you with the zoomed out view and concept around using pixels that will plug the gaps in your knowledge at this point.

Glyn.

We provide digital marketing services for businesses that need exposure/sales from search and social media networks. We also build incredibly fast and well optimised multi-language Square Space websites.
Digital Marketing | Marketing Digitale