Odd: changing color of announcement bar wrecks mobile

Site URL: https://heartpainter.com/

After I changed the background color of the announcement bar (because black looked kind of harsh), I encountered huge problem in preview modes (tablet and phone) and in real life tests. On tablet, (Samsung Tab A 10.1 S pen), switching from vertical view to landscape view made everything in the design wrecked -- I didn't take a screen shot, but some nav links overlapped others, there was basically no organization among blocks. In mobile, clicking on a menu item did the same even in vertical view. It was just luck, since I'd made a lot of changes today, that I tried changing the announcement bar back first. That fixes it.

However...I don't see why...seems as if the background color of the announcement bar should have zero effect like this. Ideas?

• Replies 5
  • Views 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah. Problem came up again -- from mobile menu to landscape view wrecks the site (overlapping text, blocks messed up etc.)

Luckily I also noticed, checking the site on my tablet, that by fixing the sidebar I made the site more convenient on desktop, but made it impossible to see scroll down to see some of the secondary nav. When I unfixed the sidebar, the mobile menu to landscape now works fine. It's possible that this was my problem all along. Not sure. 

Archived