Understanding JSON Variables

Site URL: http://www.lrpaperairplane.com

I'm new to this and am trying to understand how to inset a JSON variable into an order confirmation email. I've read the link on squarespace, but it just doesn't make sense to me how to do this.

Specifically, I have three digital products I would like sell. I need the email to have the digital link as well as the password to the page on the website. 

Background: I'm trying to do it this way because one of the digital files is too big to be uploaded, even compressed, to squarespace under the digital product page.

How do I customize this?

TIA!!

• Replies 1
  • Views 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, EIF said:

I'm new to this and am trying to understand how to inset a JSON variable into an order confirmation email.

The JSON variables available in Confirmation Emails are specific to the order, not individual items that were ordered. For this reason, I don't think you can achieve what you need with JSON variables. 

For example, you can reference the customer's full name, their order number and whether or not they ordered a digital product, but you cannot add text to the email that is specific to which product they ordered. 

If you can provide a few more specifics about the products and what you are trying to achieve, we may be able to suggest an alternative approach.

About me: I'm Paul. A SQSP User for 18 yrs, I joined Circle when it launched in 2016 and have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing expertise and extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee fuels my work.

Book paid help with a Squarespace Domain

Archived