Really Love Cover Pages. Looking for a way to add more to the page?

I know the purpose of the Cover Page is to be a "single-page website". I like that part for sure. It's easy to have a really killer landing page for another part of my site away from the homepage.

It is so nice to have the full screen autoplay video with photo fallback, the super straightforward interface, and the ease of designing.

There's just one problem.

It would be really great to add to this. It would nice to continue being able to edit like a normal page would. I'd like to add some more pictures below so you can scroll down and away from the "Cover page" itself.

Is this even possible? how hacky is it? Is there another way to achieve that full screen video away from the home page? Maybe I can kind of create my own blend?

What path would you recommend checking out based on the desire above?

Thanks!

• Replies 1
  • Views 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7.0 cover pages are  locked in to the design of the page, Custom Css code does not work with them. To do what you want and for 7.1 folks to have a landing page, the most used idea is to create a blank page, hide the header and the footer with code then design the rest of the page just about any way you want it, images, buttons, multiple links. It takes a bit of work to do but it works:

https://schwartz-edmisten.com/blog/hide-the-header-and-footer-on-a-single-page-in-squarespace

I am a big fan of the 7.0 cover page layouts i have one on three of my five sites I look after. Here is my favorite one, I think it has a very different and attractive look compared to most:

my random views derrick Lee parker

Archived