Shipping Defaults

• Replies 3
  • Views 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, JTMC said:

I have pick up and delivery options and the shipping keeps defaulting to “pick up.” How can I change this to default to delivery? 

You can't. This is one of my top-20 commerce limitations. If a free pickup option exists, delivery will always default to this free option. This typically results in high numbers of incorrect orders that require manual intervention.

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

• 7 months later...
On 7/18/2020 at 2:54 PM, paul2009 said:

You can't. This is one of my top-20 commerce limitations. If a free pickup option exists, delivery will always default to this free option. This typically results in high numbers of incorrect orders that require manual intervention.

Hi Paul, 

It's now 2021 and I am having a similar problem with a client. Did you ever get any update on this limitation from Squarespace? 

I have raised a ticket with Support and am awaiting a response.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, brightskydigital said:

It's now 2021 and I am having a similar problem with a client.

How time flies! 

It's been three years and, although it's been discussed several times, the shipping options are the same. 

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Archived