Changing display order of delivery costs

Site URL: https://www.hoganscider.co.uk

Hello

I have a couple of free delivery options on checkout (collect from ourselves and local delivery) plus two courier options.  Squarespace displays them in the order of cost so the Local delivery appears first.  Many purchasers especially if they use Apple pay, accidentally select this option and the order comes through without paying for a courier charge.  Which then involves a bit of to and fro on email.  It would be good to be able to display the courier options first in the list.  Is this possible?

Many thanks, Jane

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can add this to Advanced->Custom code injection

image.thumb.png.a6668a0d2662064ef823d5efa9c8b734.png

[class*=ShippingOptions-container] .u-field-radio-group {
  display: flex;
    flex-direction: column-reverse;

}

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

On 7/16/2020 at 9:04 AM, JaneHogan said:

I have a couple of free delivery options on checkout.  Squarespace displays the Local delivery appears first.  Many purchasers accidentally select this option and the order comes through without paying for a courier.  It would be good to be able to display the courier options first in the list.  Is this possible?

Unfortunately, you cannot change this Jane. For more details, see my existing post here: 

This forum is not monitored for product feature requests. You can add your voice to the many requests for this feature, by contacting Squarespace Customer Support.

3 hours ago, bangank36 said:

You can add this to Advanced->Custom code injection

Nice try, but this isn’t true 🙂. You cannot affect the checkout page by adding code to Squarespace.

The CSS is only working for you because you are testing it in your own browser. If you add this CSS to Squarespace it will be blocked from affecting the checkout page.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Nice info, thanks for pointing out, I hope you can help JaneHogan

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date format)
💫 Animated Buttons (Referral URL)
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

34 minutes ago, bangank36 said:

I hope you can help JaneHogan

This cannot be solved ☹️.

Squarespace's own engineers need to add a feature that allows us to change the order of delivery/shipping options.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived