How do I create a landing page like this

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This type of landing page is a Squarespace Home page Layout/landing page called "Cover" it is one of the standard cover/landing pages that comes with Squarespace 7.0. I am using it myself on two of my sites. The example above is using it with Wexley and I have the same landing page on a Wexley site as well with one photograph. Not difficult to make it at all, but it is only available with 7.0 templates. 

https://christinegregoryphotography.com/   here is the Wexley one I built. I can easily add a bit more text and many more full screen images if the photographer wanted them. Here is another one same "Cover" layout but using Avenue.

https://www.dcmrblueridge.com/

Some folks have built one using 7.1. It takes a bit of code to make a page, hide the header and the footer, and add full bleed/screen images or video. First thing is to ask some of the better coders here to help you with that, if you wish to stay with 7.1. In the meantime take a look at this tutorial to get an idea of what it is going to take to do what you want:

On 7/16/2020 at 7:30 PM, 1CoolScooter said:

Thank you very much! I will take a look. I had never considered transitioning into the 7.0 version. Didn't know that was possible. 

It is possible, not as transparently/simple as some would like, but very doable. If I were moving to a 7.0 site from 7.1 I would start a new 7.0 trial, build my site from the ground up, activate it when ready, use the move domain feature that Squarespace has built in to move my custom domain, make sure the second site works correctly with my domain,  then cancel my first site. 

Archived