Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Making Product variants Fields Optional

Waqar629

Question

Site URL: https://soulfoodkitchen360.squarespace.com/new-products/seafood-boil-platter

If you option page  https://soulfoodkitchen360.squarespace.com/new-products/seafood-boil-platter

You will see two products options (fields), How to make these product fields as 'OPTIONAL' as if customer don't wanna select anything from fields , he should go ahead and be able to 'add to cart' and not be forced to select anything. What custom code should i add? 
You can tell me for one field and tell me the way , i will do for others 
Please see image , it will explain more.

Please help me in this case i really need this done urgently.

Appreciate your help
Thank you

Screenshot of SEAFOOD BOIL PAN — Soul Food Kitchen (1).jpg

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

5 answers to this question

You can’t make them ‘optional’ but some JavaScript can be added to automatically pre-select the first option in each variant drop-down. That will allow customers to click add-to-cart without choosing/changing any options. 

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi, I'm Paul, founder of SF Digitalbuilding the features that Squarespace didn't include. Pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect. Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.  Squarespace. I've been a loyal supporter of the platform since 2007. 

On 7/4/2020 at 5:04 AM, Waqar629 said:

if customer don't wanna select anything from fields , he should go ahead and be able to 'add to cart' and not be forced to select anything.

Our Variant Pricing extension does this. 

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi, I'm Paul, founder of SF Digitalbuilding the features that Squarespace didn't include. Pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect. Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.  Squarespace. I've been a loyal supporter of the platform since 2007.