Product Variant

Site URL: https://www.thelocalscoopcapecod.com/curbside-pickup-1/2-quart-sundae-kit

I am creating many products with multiple options. For example a 2 Quart Sundae Kit. The user should be able to choose 2 flavors, 2 toppings. When I go to the product page and pick 1 from each drop down, I get UNAVAILABLE. For the 4 drop down menu options, would I need to create a new row for EVERY SINGLE COMBINATION? I thought I would just list each variant under each Flavor, Topping and then one could choose any combo they wish. Please help.

https://www.thelocalscoopcapecod.com/curbside-pickup-1/2-quart-sundae-kit

• Replies 3
  • Views 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It works because I did a work around, where instead of using the product options/variants, I added a form to the product. It is not my preferred method, but seems to be the only way to have multiple options that work together without creating hundreds of variations.

I'm Having a Similar issue TLS.

I think that if the product has an infinite stock level then there should be an option to have infinite variations with a mark up on just that variable.

So if the customer selects variable X then the price is marked up by a specified amount, if they choose option Y there's another mark up etc.

This way if you had 5 or even 6 variables you'd only need to input the variable once.

The last two sites i've worked on i've run into issues.  As soon as you have 2 or 3 product variations the number of combinations starts to grow exponentially.  I've not yet found an effective workaround as yet.  I've even looked at third party SQS plugins but nothing yet. 

Archived