Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
  • 0

Is there a way to have social blocks link to different social media on different pages


Question

Site URL: http://callummcallister.com/

Hey!

In short I want the social blocks to be able to link to personal social media on the whole site, except the page www.callummcallister.com/toodles where I want them to link to my band's social media. I also want the personal social media blocks to only have email, twitter and instagram, whereas I want the band social media to link to a variety of different social media accounts. 

Is there a way to do this? 

Link to post
  • Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

It's where it says href = "#" replace the # with the url.  @tuanphan It's a personal plan. 

Posted Images

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Add Code Block > Insert this code > Replace with your social url

<ul class="t-social">
<li>
  <a href="#">
  <i class="fa fa-twitter"></i>
  </a>
</li>
<li>
  <a href="#">
  <i class="fa fa-pinterest"></i>
  </a>
</li>
<li>
  <a href="#">
  <i class="fa fa-facebook"></i>
  </a>
</li>
<li>
  <a href="#">
  <i class="fa fa-instagram"></i>
  </a>
</li>
<li>
  <a href="#">
  <i class="fa fa-skype"></i></a>
  </li>
<li>
  <a href="#">
  <i class="fa fa-dribble"></i>
  </a>
</li>
</ul>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/font-awesome/4.7.0/css/font-awesome.min.css">
<style>
  /* code block padding top bottom */
  .code-block {
    padding-top: 0;
    padding-bottom: 0;
}
  /* social icons code */
.t-social {
    display: block;
    margin: 0 auto;
    padding-top: 5px;
    text-align: center;
  	padding-left: 0;
}
  .t-social li {
  display: inline-block;
    margin: 0;
    line-height: 100%!important;
  }
  .t-social .fa {
    font-size: 26px;
    margin: 0 8px;
    color: #8d8d8d;
}
  .t-social .fa:hover {color:#4285f4;}
</style>

 

You can send your question to my email to get detail answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I came back. Will answer soon.

Link to post
  • 0
On 5/12/2020 at 1:24 PM, tuanphan said:

Add Code Block > Insert this code > Replace with your social url


<ul class="t-social">
<li>
  <a href="#">
  <i class="fa fa-twitter"></i>
  </a>
</li>
<li>
  <a href="#">
  <i class="fa fa-pinterest"></i>
  </a>
</li>
<li>
  <a href="#">
  <i class="fa fa-facebook"></i>
  </a>
</li>
<li>
  <a href="#">
  <i class="fa fa-instagram"></i>
  </a>
</li>
<li>
  <a href="#">
  <i class="fa fa-skype"></i></a>
  </li>
<li>
  <a href="#">
  <i class="fa fa-dribble"></i>
  </a>
</li>
</ul>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/font-awesome/4.7.0/css/font-awesome.min.css">
<style>
  /* code block padding top bottom */
  .code-block {
    padding-top: 0;
    padding-bottom: 0;
}
  /* social icons code */
.t-social {
    display: block;
    margin: 0 auto;
    padding-top: 5px;
    text-align: center;
  	padding-left: 0;
}
  .t-social li {
  display: inline-block;
    margin: 0;
    line-height: 100%!important;
  }
  .t-social .fa {
    font-size: 26px;
    margin: 0 8px;
    color: #8d8d8d;
}
  .t-social .fa:hover {color:#4285f4;}
</style>

 

Thank you I'll give that a go! 

Cheers!

Link to post
  • 0
10 minutes ago, CallumMcAllister said:

Hey @tuanphan sorry to bother again!

Where in the code do the social urls need to go? And also is there a way to add the icons for youtube and email as well?

Thanks in advance. This has been really helpful. 

Actually sorry @tuanphan I managed to figure that out. The last thing 2 things I'm trying to figure out are if it's possible to get the links to open a new tab. And also whether it's possible to set the other icons to change colour when you hover, but the icon hovered over to remain the same, as is the style on the in-built social blocks on the site? 

 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Link to post
  • 0
8 hours ago, CallumMcAllister said:

Actually sorry @tuanphan I managed to figure that out. The last thing 2 things I'm trying to figure out are if it's possible to get the links to open a new tab. And also whether it's possible to set the other icons to change colour when you hover, but the icon hovered over to remain the same, as is the style on the in-built social blocks on the site? 

 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Which icons? Can you share link to page where you inserted icons?

With icon hover: You can use CSS

With open in new tab, above code, edit this code

Quote

<li>
  <a href="#" target="_blank">
  <i class="fa fa-dribble"></i>
  </a>
</li>

target="_blank" mean open link in new tab

You can send your question to my email to get detail answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I came back. Will answer soon.

Link to post
  • 0
6 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Which icons? Can you share link to page where you inserted icons?

With icon hover: You can use CSS

http://callummcallister.com/toodles

I've left in the squarespace social block above the coded one to show the difference. 


image.thumb.png.7c80cc254a2cad6a5684820afad3b6bf.png
 

In the screenshot I am hovering over the twitter icon, which stays the same colour while the other two icons turns grey. 

 

Thanks again! this has been very helpful. The code for a new tab worked a treat. 

Link to post
  • 0
2 hours ago, CallumMcAllister said:

http://callummcallister.com/toodles

I've left in the squarespace social block above the coded one to show the difference.  been very helpful. The code for a new tab worked a treat. 

Which plan do you use? Personal or Business?

You can send your question to my email to get detail answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I came back. Will answer soon.

Link to post
  • 0
12 hours ago, kenners said:

@tuanphan Sorry to jump in on this- but @CallumMcAllister was able to figure out where to put the social URL. I am new to the coding portion, so I don't know where to put it! Help :) 

Insert Code Block > Paste this code

<ul class="t-social">
<li>
  <a href="#">
  <i class="fa fa-twitter"></i>
  </a>
</li>
<li>
  <a href="#">
  <i class="fa fa-pinterest"></i>
  </a>
</li>
<li>
  <a href="#">
  <i class="fa fa-facebook"></i>
  </a>
</li>
<li>
  <a href="#">
  <i class="fa fa-instagram"></i>
  </a>
</li>
<li>
  <a href="#">
  <i class="fa fa-skype"></i></a>
  </li>
<li>
  <a href="#">
  <i class="fa fa-dribble"></i>
  </a>
</li>
</ul>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/font-awesome/4.7.0/css/font-awesome.min.css">
<style>
  /* code block padding top bottom */
  .code-block {
    padding-top: 0;
    padding-bottom: 0;
}
  /* social icons code */
.t-social {
    display: block;
    margin: 0 auto;
    padding-top: 5px;
    text-align: center;
  	padding-left: 0;
}
  .t-social li {
  display: inline-block;
    margin: 0;
    line-height: 100%!important;
  }
  .t-social .fa {
    font-size: 26px;
    margin: 0 8px;
    color: #8d8d8d;
}
  .t-social .fa:hover {color:#4285f4;}
</style>

 

You can send your question to my email to get detail answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I came back. Will answer soon.

Link to post
  • 0
19 hours ago, kenners said:

@tuanphan Sorry to jump in on this- but @CallumMcAllister was able to figure out where to put the social URL. I am new to the coding portion, so I don't know where to put it! Help 🙂

It's where it says href = "#" replace the # with the url. 

22 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Which plan do you use? Personal or Business?

@tuanphan It's a personal plan. 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment


×
×
  • Create New...