Feedback on photographer's site

Site URL: https://www.haphotography.fi/

I Just launched my new site and would appreciate any feedback. I'm a photographer and mainly targeting local market here in Finland. I had a site from another platform but could not find a template I really like so I changed to Squarespace. Not sure if I went overboard with the size of the photos but the main issue why I wanted to have new site was that on my previous site images were too small. It works fine on my computer and phone. Not too slow or anything like that. Also I know that the "design" is really simple and I wanted to be it like that so that the main focus would be on my photos. However not sure if its too plain. Do you think I should add color or other elements? I know its not perfect yet and also just remembered that I haven't add any social media links there...

• Replies 2
  • Views 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it looks pretty good. Very to-the-point and a good showcase of your work. Personally I'd keep it simple - your work pretty much speaks for itself. 

One suggestion - turn on "lightbox" for the images so if someone clicks an image it will fit it to their screen. I do like the big images, they show the details really well. Turning on lightbox will let people kind of "zoom out" and see the whole thing if they want. Thats what I do anyway - here is an example: https://www.youreperfect.studio/works/lucinda/psamathe

Thank you YourePerfect. It's great to have another opinion about the site. Also its good to know about the lightbox - that might be a nice thing to have. I will definitely look into that. P.S. I like the art on your site 🙂

Archived