How to make tagline selectable in 7.1?

Hi,

I added a tagline under the logo using custom CSS:

.header-title:after{
content:"my_email@gmail.com";
}

It displays just fine, but currently the tagline is not selectable. Since it's an email address it would be ideal if a user could also select the text (to copy paste it). Can I make the text selectable using CSS? If not, is there another way to create a tagline other than using CSS? Or a way to create a custom header?

It seems strange that there is no option for it built in.

Thank you!

• Replies 5
  • Views 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...
On 4/15/2020 at 9:12 AM, tuanphan said:

You need to use JavaScript to insert HTML email tag (<a href="mailto:youremail@gmail.com">youremail@gmail.cọm</a>) under Site Title/Logo

You need to use Business Plan to do this.

Hi! I just ran into the same issue (but 2 years later). Is there another way to do this since HTML no longer seem to work for Taglines? 

15 hours ago, StrawberryFrog said:

Hi! I just ran into the same issue (but 2 years later). Is there another way to do this since HTML no longer seem to work for Taglines? 

We can use Script code to make click event. If you share link to your site, we can give code easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 6/21/2022 at 3:51 PM, StrawberryFrog said:

I came up with a solution here.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.