text-align: justify;

Site URL: http://www.lifechuchak.com

First,
Squarespace please note that justify should be a standard feature in typography!

Second,
I've done this in the past with other templates but for some reason I can not get text to be justified in this template outside of the Google Chrome browser (specifically Safari).

I've tried everything I can think of using inspector to throw in different wrappers and such, but I must be missing something. Any ideas?

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

@Adam9

h4 {
  text-align: justify;
  text-justify: inter-word;
}

And a couple of other adjustments for on h4 good measure - I used the Google Proxima-nova font which you  must load into the system first!)

h4 {font-family: proxima-nova, sans-serif;
   font-weight: 300;
   font-style: italic;

}

The point above on Safari can be an issue with justify text.  I've used justify on sites but find that it looks a little too distracting on Mobile. I tend to use it within a Markup section only and usually back off unless completely necessary as I'm down to a specific div which won't have much of an impact overall and the above code changes from all site h4's to a specific div h4.

- John

mcgouran.john@gmail.com

Archived