Jump to content

Header menu display on mobile

Recommended Posts

Site URL: https://cliffvdh.com

Feedback from my visitors reporting that the menu blocks (the 2 little bars) are not that visible on mobile.  

This confirmed by the 'visited pages' from the analytics showing that visitors struggels from moving away from 'home page' and not visiting pages accessible from the 'menu' , certainly by missing the 2 little bars. 

Screenshot_20200401-142806.jpg

Link to comment
  • Replies 5
  • Views 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe it is small, or they don't know what it is.

You can change it to menu text, by adding this code to Home > design > Custom CSS

.burger-box:after {
    content: "menu";
    width: 60px;
    height: 30px;
    display: block;
    color: black;
    font-size: 20px;
    visibility: visible;
}
.burger-box div {
    display: none;
}

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
On 4/1/2020 at 2:38 PM, tuanphan said:

maybe it is small, or they don't know what it is.

You can change it to menu text, by adding this code to Home > design > Custom CSS


.burger-box:after {
    content: "menu";
    width: 60px;
    height: 30px;
    display: block;
    color: black;
    font-size: 20px;
    visibility: visible;
}
.burger-box div {
    display: none;
}

 

last post erased and corrected due to my mistake ....

Tested the code and could be a really good option... but the issue I have now is with the " color : black " ...  for some page with a darker background where I switch the "color" option to something with white text the 'menu' stays black ... any chance to improve this?

Other good option could be a 'bold' hamburger as long as I can switch its color from black to white where needed.

 

Thanks

Link to comment
On 4/2/2020 at 7:44 PM, CliffVDH said:

last post erased and corrected due to my mistake ....

Tested the code and could be a really good option... but the issue I have now is with the " color : black " ...  for some page with a darker background where I switch the "color" option to something with white text the 'menu' stays black ... any chance to improve this?

Other good option could be a 'bold' hamburger as long as I can switch its color from black to white where needed.

 

Thanks

To bold or change burger color on One Page,

add this to Page Settings > Advanced > Header

<style>
  /* height is bold */
.burger-inner::before, .burger-inner::after {
    background: red !important;
    height: 5px;
}
</style>

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
23 hours ago, tuanphan said:

To bold or change burger color on One Page,

add this to Page Settings > Advanced > Header


<style>
  /* height is bold */
.burger-inner::before, .burger-inner::after {
    background: red !important;
    height: 5px;
}
</style>

 

Thanks for it all. 

I used your first 'menu' solution adapting the header back ground to keep it visible  

 

Thanks for your help 

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.