Advice to improve website

Site URL: https://www.careershubluton.co.uk/

Hello,

I am working on this website, and looking at ways of improving it. At the moment I'm not very happy with how it looks, I would like it to look a lot more polished and easier to navigate. 

The site is mainly for professionals, and to provide information about the subject - hence why it is text heavy. 

I would really appreciate any hints and tips to help me improve the site so that it looks more appealing

Thank you

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few suggestions, the Subscribe pop up is a bit irritating. A first time visitor will not know what they are subscribing to and have the urge to close it as soon as it comes up. The form is at the bottom of the page , consider a radio button that pops the form up instead of the form itself, that will eliminate the big space on the left and tighten the site up a bit.. The nav bar drop down menus, they are too light, text needs more contrast, it could be a bit hard for some to read in mobile view.  I would almost do the opposite, dark text that turns lighter or even a different color on hover. Announcement bar text could stand to be a bit larger as well. I like the three dot jump buttons on the right. Not sure what the average viewer will do with them as opposed to a back to top button but to me they are smart looking. Not a bad site at all over all. 

57 minutes ago, derricksrandomviews said:

A few suggestions, the Subscribe pop up is a bit irritating. A first time visitor will not know what they are subscribing to and have the urge to close it as soon as it comes up. The form is at the bottom of the page , consider a radio button that pops the form up instead of the form itself, that will eliminate the big space on the left and tighten the site up a bit.. The nav bar drop down menus, they are too light, text needs more contrast, it could be a bit hard for some to read in mobile view.  I would almost do the opposite, dark text that turns lighter or even a different color on hover. Announcement bar text could stand to be a bit larger as well. I like the three dot jump buttons on the right. Not sure what the average viewer will do with them as opposed to a back to top button but to me they are smart looking. Not a bad site at all over all. 

Awesome, thank you, always appreciate any feedback

Archived