Winona photo gallery layout

Site URL: https://www.welcometowinona.com/photos

I am a long time squarespace user and just realized 7.1 with the Super Bowl ad. Excited to have some new choices, not so excited that to use it you have to totally rebuild your site. Big bummer. 

Anyway, forever I have wanted a gallery like on the Winona site, but I can't figure out how to get the photos to act like the gallery shows, and no beginning templates start with that format. Do you all think that is some sort of special code to get photos to lay out like that? What am I missing? Don't quite know why squarespace would push their 7.1 site with a gallery that needs a developer or site designer. 

• Replies 2
  • Views 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 11 months later...

I'm very late to this, but in case anyone is searching for a solution, here is some CSS that worked for me in 7.1:

.gallery-grid-item img {
    width: auto !important;
    height: auto !important;
    max-width: 100% !important;
    max-height: 100% !important;
    margin: auto;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    bottom: 0;
    right: 0; }

Edit: There seems to be some bugginess when I refresh or resize the page, at least from the backend.  It looks like the gallery starts with the Squarespace settings then overrides them with the CSS.

Archived