Full bleed slide show problems in 7.1

Site URL: https://cobalt-armadillo-7fdj.squarespace.com/

Hey all,

I recently realized that the gallery slideshow in 7.1 does not work as expected anymore.

As I remember, arrows of the gallery section (indicating the privious or next picture) suppose to be vertically-centered within the gallery section (no matther how high a picture is). Furthermore, in case bullet points are in use (instead of arrows), those bullet points are not even shown in most full-screen resultions anymore.  

Url: https://cobalt-armadillo-7fdj.squarespace.com/

Passwort: testgallery

Anybody experiencing the same behavior? 

Cheers

squarespace.JPG

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have also struggled with gallery slideshows in version 7.1. First of all it is no longer possible to make a carousel gallery like in 7.0. The Reel slideshow that looks similar does not have autoplay functions. And in Full og Simple Slideshows I experience the same problems as you. Height and center alignment doesn't always work. I had a long conversation with Squarespace help and in the end they admitted that it was faulty. They couldn't say when the problems would be fixed or if the old gallery carousel would come back. I then tried remaking my image files so they span 3 images and then plays using the simple slideshow, but then I have the same problem that you do. In general I feel the gallery section is now too big and its hard to control the image sizing. In Full I find that the images do not resize when you set the section to S in height and as a result I also see the top of the images. Squarespace please help!!!!

Screenshot 2020-02-03 at 16.18.23.png

6 hours ago, Joshuanewman said:

Thanks tuanphan,

However I note that Custom CSS doesn't work on Cover pages. Is there something that can be done in this situation?

J.

Add to Cover Page Settings > Advanced > Header

<style>
  .gallery-fullscreen-slideshow-wrapper {
    height: 100% !important;
}
</style>

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived