Multilingual site on Squarspace version 7.1

• Replies 7
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything is possible. And multilingual website is not a problem with Squarespace. And make sure to make your website multilingual. Because you don't know who your user is going to be. Right now, I am using WordPress for multilingual websites. I think it is the best. But I also want to try Squarespace. I am glad you have asked this question. Now I will also get the answer very fast.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I did quite some research on having a multilingual and multi-currency site a while back. Since the options (some highlighted above) didn't meet all my requirements, I came up with a solution involving Weglot for the translation, a duplicate of my Squarespace site for the 2nd currency, Geotargetly to redirect people according to their location and Datafeedwatch to list our products on Google Shopping and Facebook Catalog.

Here is the detailed explanation on how I've done it.

Good luck 🙂

Hi guys, this is already super helpful, thank you. I'm just curious about the order in which I should do this to save myself time. Would the best approach be to create the entire English site then duplicate every page then translate the content to Spanish and modify the slugs? Brad's tutorial starts adding pages for each language right away, but maybe that was just for the sake of the tutorial? Appreciate the help. 

Archived