How it possible to have a gallery block that shows a preview of a product page?

Right now I am making a website for someone and they want a very specific design. They have a number of product pages and on the homepage they want a little gallery block that shows several of the most popular ones. But in this gallery block they want a blurb of whats on the product page, as well as a button that takes you to it. They also want the other featured pages to be displayed off to the right. I am attaching an image of what I mean, I realize that it may require a lot of CSS and javascript but does anyone know how they would go about approaching something like this?

Sanitized_HomepageProductViewer.png

• Replies 4
  • Views 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/28/2019 at 3:12 AM, tuanphan said:

Can you share link to example site on screenshot?

Thats the thing, thats just from a .psd mockup image, not an actual website. @tuanphan If I had an actual website to work with then it might be easier for me to tear off all the CSS and javascript. I do not.

These people want me to do things with Squarespace that I do not think Squarespace is meant to do, its never been a "you do your design" platform...

5 hours ago, PMDesigner said:

Thats the thing, thats just from a .psd mockup image, not an actual website. @tuanphan If I had an actual website to work with then it might be easier for me to tear off all the CSS and javascript. I do not.

These people want me to do things with Squarespace that I do not think Squarespace is meant to do, its never been a "you do your design" platform...

Left section: Access Codecanyon or Codepen, then type: Carousel, or Slider, or Slide,...

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 12/29/2019 at 8:29 PM, tuanphan said:

Left section: Access Codecanyon or Codepen, then type: Carousel, or Slider, or Slide,...

@tuanphanI looked through many of the options on Codecanyon and Codepen, I will use these if I do not have any success in an idea I came up with. When you have a grid gallery block and you enable Lightbox it pops out at you and gives you the option of adding a title, description and link. If I could make it so that selecting an image on the grid gallery would change the image and text of a card image layout then that would give me exactly what I want.

Do you know how to do this? Make a selected gallery image change an image on the page?

Either way thanks for all your help.

Archived