How to make a header tab a page as well as a drop down folder?

I have a main "About Us" page with three sub-pages (SquareSpace 7.1). I'd like site users to be able to hover over the "About Us" tab in the header and be able to both:

a) Click the header tab to access an "About Us page 

and

b) Hover over the header to trigger a drop-down folder which can direct users to the sub-pages. 

I'm told by SquareSpace that this can only be achieved through coding. Does anyone know what coding steps to take to make this work? 

Thank you in advance!

• Replies 4
  • Views 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Cheamps said:

Yes, this approach has worked for me for a year but now is no longer working.

Could someone provide an update? How can we make a folder also a link to its own page?

Can you share link to your site? I solved some similar site. 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 2/1/2020 at 1:43 AM, Cheamps said:

Yes, this approach has worked for me for a year but now is no longer working.

Could someone provide an update? How can we make a folder also a link to its own page?

I'm also having a similar issue, used to redirect to the right page but now defaults to the first page listed under the folder. Inspecting the code it seems to ignore the custom code in the Navigation Title and just use the URL slug.

https://www.tunstallhealthcare.com.au/

Top menus that should redirect are MONITORING SOLUTIONS (<a href="/solutions">Monitoring Solutions</a>) & REFERRALS (<a href="/refer-a-client">Referrals</a>).

Archived