Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

How to remove the scrollbar

Hi guys,

For some reason, I have a client who dislikes the scrollbar on the right of his site (attached image, it's the thin gray vertical bar to the right of the site)

Is there a code to hide it?

Thanks,

James

Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 13.56.17.png

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah okay, remove above, and use this <style> /* Hide scrollbar for Chrome, Safari and Opera */ body::-webkit-scrollbar { display: none; } /* Hide scrollbar for IE and Edge */ body { -ms-

replace body with *

Posted Images

On 4/2/2020 at 12:40 PM, brigidc.campbell said:

I am looking to do the same thing. Were you able to figure this out?

Try adding to Page Settings > Advanced > Header

body {
	overflow-y: hidden;
}

If the code doesn't work, can you share link to your site?

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan, work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, brigidc.campbell said:

@tuanphan Thanks for the reply. When I add that code into my header in 7.1 (Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > Header) the code appears at the top left of every page. Is there a different section I should insert this code in 7.1?

The site https://www.virginsuncare.com/ingredients with password: VIRGIN

sorry, this code

<style>
  body {
	overflow-y: hidden;
}
</style>

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan, work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. 

9 minutes ago, brigidc.campbell said:

@tuanphan This code disables the scroll on the site rather than just hides the scroll bar. Is there anyway to style the scroll bar instead?

Ah okay, remove above, and use this

<style>
/* Hide scrollbar for Chrome, Safari and Opera */
body::-webkit-scrollbar {
  display: none;
}

/* Hide scrollbar for IE and Edge */
body {
  -ms-overflow-style: none;
}
</style>

6 hours ago, brigidc.campbell said:

@tuanphan Thank you so much! That code worked for the main scroll bar but what about the scroll bars inside of the images as shown in the link I provided? Any ideas?

replace

body

with

@tuanphan it worked! Thank you so much!

One last question on this page. I have been trying to get these images to line up on the bottom border for hours. They seem to be scaling at strange sizes. They are all separate image blocks and I am trying align the bottom in the same way the top is aligned. 

https://www.virginsuncare.com/ingredients

Can you help me out with this?

Edited by brigidc.campbell
added link
12 hours ago, brigidc.campbell said:

@tuanphan it worked! Thank you so much!

One last question on this page. I have been trying to get these images to line up on the bottom border for hours. They seem to be scaling at strange sizes. They are all separate image blocks and I am trying align the bottom in the same way the top is aligned. 

https://www.virginsuncare.com/ingredients

Can you help me out with this?

I don't understand. Can you describe in detail?

@tuanphan  I attached some screenshots for reference. 

I want the bottom edge of all of these boxes to be on one line. It is the closest in the third screen capture. When sizing the browser up or down, the 2nd and 4th columns start to extend way past the bottom line. 

Let me know if this makes sense. 

link: virginsuncare.com/ingredients

screencapture-virginsuncare-ingredients-2020-04-23-06_59_13.png

screencapture-virginsuncare-ingredients-2020-04-23-06_59_33.png

screencapture-virginsuncare-ingredients-2020-04-23-06_59_55.png

Haven't thought of anything in my mind right now. Trying to ask my friend. ☹️

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 2:19 AM, brigidc.campbell said:

@tuanphan any luck on troubleshooting the bottom alignment? I've been poking around on the web and playing with the dimensions of the images themselves but not having much luck.

Thanks in advance

Still no idea :(