Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
codefordummies

Cover page video remove traces of youtube

Hey guys, 

I embedded a youtube video on my site but I am having two issues that I needed help solving:

1. I want to know if it's possible to avoid the Youtube video name and logo from showing up?

2. The video doesn't start playing right away, there is about a 5 second video lag, is there anyway of making it start from the moment the page opens?

Thanks!

This is a YouTube feature that isn't controlled by Squarespace and can't be disabled. The solution is to use a paid plan on another supported video service like Vimeo or Wistia.

See https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206542397-Adding-videos-to-your-site

The video will always take some time to preload; the delay will depend on the visitor's download speed. This is what fallback images are useful for. They can be shown until the video is ready to play.

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm currently booked until the end of May 2020.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions for Squarespace 7.0 and 7.1: Enquiry Form ExtensionDate Picker Extension and Age Verification Extension 
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

**NEW** Our popular Wishlist extension is now Squarespace 7.1 compatible.