Horizontal text spacing

I am trying to create a list of subjects with information after a colon for each subject, and want to have all the information line up afterward.

Something along the lines of this (but with the information spaced farther out and lining up):

Colour: Yellow

Shape: Crescent

Texture: Soft

Type: Fruit

I know in various programs the tab button is usually used to do this, however, it doesn't have this function in the site editor.

I managed to get a good attempt using separate text boxes, one for the subject and the other for the information, but with this method, it does not line up or work properly when on phone or tablet view.

Here is an example of the separate textbox method.

alt text Desktop View

alt text Tablet View

example.jpg.be8c4f390c418d32fa9802fae0e05775.jpg

example-2.jpg.622e442ad4a80ff52bdad2b75925180d.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A table will allow you to format the data how you want it. Squarespace doesn't have a Table Block so you'll need to add the HTML manually using a Code or Markdown Block. You'll find several sites online that will help you create this. You'll also need some CSS if you want to keep it responsive on devices will smaller screens. Alternatively, you could use this excellent third party 'Table Block' plugin.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived