How to inject the Google Tag Manager script into a Squarespace template?

In order to avoid the pain of move from std GACS settings to Google Tag Manager (GTM) and ensure that I get it to play nice with Squarespace. Please could you provide me the directions and the GTM code that is working better nowadays?

Would the following solution work?http://yoweb.co.uk/yo-blog/google-tag-manager-how-to-add-to-squarespace-template

Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Views 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Flavio, that's indeed how it works and worked for me. Please note carefully one of the last sentences in that description:

Once you integrate this with your Squarespace site, you will need to remove the Google Analytics (GA) code you have setup currently. Then add the GA code as a tag inside Google Tag Manager.

If you don't do that then your side will not be tracked by Google Analytics. Also make sure you don't have your Google Analytics account number filled in at Squarespace 'external services' because then it will have a duplicate tracking id.

So in the end you only have the tag manager snippet added to your website as explained in the article. Google Analytics will be tracked through the tag in tag manager.

Enjoy tagging! ;) Let me know if I can help along the way.

Diederik

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi @flavio , I made a video tutorial for you on how to Inject Google Tag Manager Script. Hope this helps! TUTORIAL LINK HERE ->https://www.askquesty.com/post/inject-google-tag-manager-squarespace-tutorial

alt text

Have Squarespace questions/task and need help today? **You can hire us here.** Our answers are on-demand, video recorded, and only cost between $5 to $25. Estimates are free, 100% satisfaction guarantee, and trusted by hundreds of small businesses.

Archived