Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
JulieB

How do I change the color of single word in a text block?

Question

I want to change the text color of a single word in the middle of a paragraph without affecting the rest of the paragraph in a text block. How can I do this?

Edited by JulieB
Initial Revision

2 answers to this question

@JulieBYou can't do this with a Text Block. However, you can put your text in a Markdown Block or a Code Block and change the formatting of portions of the text within it.

For example, in a Markdown Block type

Roses are <span style="color:red">red</span>, violets are <span style="color:blue">blue</span>.

Here's a useful guide on the Markdown Block.

I hope that helps!

Paul

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm usually booked six weeks in advance for jobs longer than an hour.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

I've created Squint, a plugin for Squarespace that allows for custom styles, more headings, superscript, subscript, underline and more. You can select a single word in the middle a sentence, a list item, a paragraph, or whatever - like you'd expect with most WYSIWYG editors.

So if it's something you're doing fairly often, or you don't want to have to work within a markdown or code block, it's another option.

-Brandon

Edited by brandon
Initial Revision

If a response helped you out, send a 'Like' 👍 (bottom-right) and/or 'Upvote' vote.jpg.c260784ece77aec852b0e3049c77a607.jpg (top-left)