Displaying multiple galleries on one page

I have a page where I need to display 8 different galleries of images in. The images are part of the same series so they need to sit together on the same page.

What I want to do is have a single thumbnail image that can be clicked to link to each specific gallery.

Squarespace have a page here http://photogs.squarespace.com/ that shows how it was done in an older version. This is exactly what I need to do but it doesn't seem to work with the latest version.

Is this possible?

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Welcome: You can add a photo gallery grid like this in virtually all templates. To start 8 different galleries, go to Pages and add 8 gallery pages to the Not Linked section. Call them Gallery1, Gallery2, Gallery3 or whatever your galleries will be called.

Drag your images into the 8 galleries.

There are a number of ways to create the entry page like the one on http://photogs.squarespace.com. Start by creating a new Page. You can then add a Summary Block (in Grid mode) or a Gallery Block (also in Grid mode). There are advantages and disadvantages to each but for this example let's use a Gallery block.

Into the new Gallery block, drag one image from each of the 8 galleries - the image you want to use as the poster image for that gallery. When you've added these 8 images, select the first one. Click the gear icon beside it to reach the properties. Add the Gallery title for the first gallery. Add a link, choose the Content tab then select the Gallery1 (or whatever you called it earlier). Repeat for galleries 2 to 8.

That's it.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived