Vimeo video thumbnails not updating

Hi all!

Hoping someone can help me with an issue I'm facing on the built in video library page.

I am adding videos straight from vimeo. Annoyingly when you do this, you can not upload a custom thumbnail (it is greyed out) so I've been making new thumbnails, uploading them to vimeo to replace on the video and then adding the videos into the SS video library.

However the problem is if I update a thumbnail later on in vimeo. This thumbnail will not update in SS. I would have to completely remove the entry and add the video in again, this is obviously not a great workflow. 

I have learnt that the thumbnail is being read from vimeo still, (so it isn't like SS has just ripped and saved it's own).

Is there some sort of code that I can place on the site to re read the vimeo meta data?

www.mirenpatel.com 

password: jelly

This is me finding the source of the thumbnail (this thumbnail for example is currently updated on vimeo, and an old one is displaying here)

https://help.vimeo.com/hc/en-us/articles/12427892029585-Fix-Video-Thumbnails-in-Custom-Applications

I found this link ^ but it seems to go over my head, not sure what to do here or what the best work around is..

To be honest I don't know why SS doesn't just allow us to upload our own thumbnails :S

image.thumb.png.6a6a7a3149163d7452aeec55a2fc9e5c.png

• 1 month later...