Page Title important for SEO?

Hi all,

Each page has a SEO tab where you can fill in the SEO Title and the SEO description. It's pretty clear that's important to fill in.

But what about the page title that also shows up in your browser tab? Just keep it short and simple? Or add a short sentence with important keywords? It's on the General Tab, so I assume it doesn't do anything for SEO, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Sandra Keus | Square It Up
Based in Portugal, from The Netherlands, working world wide.

👩🏻‍💻 squareitup.co/en/portfolio
✉️ sandra@squareitup.co

If you are filling in the SEO Title then it shouldn't have an impact, but if you leave the SEO Title blank it will be used by default. Generally speaking the page title should be optimized for good user experience when navigating around your website.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 
 🖼️ Pinch-to-Zoom Gallery Lightbox Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

Hi @sandrakeus,

I'm glad to share my insights with you. The page title, which appears in the browser tab, is indeed important for both user experience and SEO. It serves as a key element in how your webpage is presented to users and search engines.

• Your title should accurately describe the page's content. You can include your primary keyword. Avoid vague titles; instead, be specific about what users will find when they click through.
  • Aim for a length of about 50-60 characters. This length is generally sufficient to convey the essence of the page without being truncated in search results.

Ensure that each page on your website has a unique title. This helps prevent confusion for both users and search engines, allowing each page to stand out in search results.

I hope this helps! If you've any further questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Sadul Sifat

Edited by Sifat_SEOSpace

SEOSpace Team

SEOSpace - The SEO Plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co/squarespace-seo-audit-score

seospace-logo.png

21 hours ago, sandrakeus said:

To me it seems like your explanation and also the video is about the SEO Title. I'm actually talking about the Page Title on the General Tab. They are independent from each other, right?

Correct, that's what I was attempting to explain! They are independent if you add the SEO Title, but the Page Title gets used as the SEO Title if you leave the SEO Title blank.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 
 🖼️ Pinch-to-Zoom Gallery Lightbox Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?