Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
mop1570047754

How can I change the speed of a Cover Page slide show?

Question

@sssuperguy - I just loaded up your site here, and it appears to be moving at 8 seconds to me.... What count do you currently feel you have? What browser are you testing? Are there any javascript errors? Did you clear cache on your machine and reload? (Just trying to see what the cause of it not slowing down for you might be).

@sssuperguy - I just loaded up your site here, and it appears to be moving at 8 seconds to me.... What count do you currently feel you have? What browser are you testing? Are there any javascript errors? Did you clear cache on your machine and reload? (Just trying to see what the cause of it not slowing down for you might be).

Thanks again, you're right, it seems to happen something, but the results are fuzzy on my end so I'll test it in several environents. Merci !

"Yes the preview window expanding randomly is annoying isn't it?
We were just having a laugh about how long it has been like that."
584529363_fuzzypanelopener.gif.98d1a30153469a319fbde647eae7f492.gif 

Alright, the code DOES make adifference. Nice hack. %)=) Thx.

"Yes the preview window expanding randomly is annoying isn't it?
We were just having a laugh about how long it has been like that."
584529363_fuzzypanelopener.gif.98d1a30153469a319fbde647eae7f492.gif 

Off hand, I'm not seeing a quick way to change the speed of the transition. My guess is that it could be done in a similar fashion to the method I posted above but instead of overriding the timeout function, you would need to override the existing fader function.

Off hand, I'm not seeing a quick way to change the speed of the transition. My guess is that it could be done in a similar fashion to the method I posted above but instead of overriding the timeout function, you would need to override the existing fader function.

Thanks ... but that's beyond my poor programming skills :(

For anyone who's not clear yet, the code does work, I used it on http://quietnomads.com to set the speed to 10 secs. Paste the code into the box on the Code Injection page.

Home > Settings > Code Injection

Change the second number of each pair in the code to the number you want. It's currently set at 2500 so you get 2.5 seconds. I changed it to 10000 to get 10 seconds, etc.

The first number, 5000 must remain as it is, as that is the speed the page is set to by Squarespace, and that is the value the second number takes as a reference to change.

Hope this helps.

For anyone who's not clear yet, the code does work, I used it on http://quietnomads.com to set the speed to 10 secs. Paste the code into the box on the Code Injection page.

Home > Settings > Code Injection

Change the second number of each pair in the code to the number you want. It's currently set at 2500 so you get 2.5 seconds. I changed it to 10000 to get 10 seconds, etc.

The first number, 5000 must remain as it is, as that is the speed the page is set to by Squarespace, and that is the value the second number takes as a reference to change.

Hope this helps.

This worked for me.

There are two separate Code Injection windows users can get to. I used the one on, Home -> Settings -> Advanced -> Code Injection window.