How can I change the speed of a Cover Page slide show?

@sssuperguy - I just loaded up your site here, and it appears to be moving at 8 seconds to me.... What count do you currently feel you have? What browser are you testing? Are there any javascript errors? Did you clear cache on your machine and reload? (Just trying to see what the cause of it not slowing down for you might be).

• Replies 42
  • Views 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@sssuperguy - I just loaded up your site here, and it appears to be moving at 8 seconds to me.... What count do you currently feel you have? What browser are you testing? Are there any javascript errors? Did you clear cache on your machine and reload? (Just trying to see what the cause of it not slowing down for you might be).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,Thanks @jjdb210 so much for the script. Works great !I would like to go further and control not only the duration of the display but also the speed of the cross-fade itself.Is there an easy way to add this option? I feel that it's too fast as is.

I have a similar option with css to slow down the transitions in my main website galleries:

.slide {
   visibility: visible !important;
   -webkit-transition: opacity 3s ease-in-out;
   -moz-transition: opacity 3s ease-in-out;
   -o-transition: opacity 3s ease-in-out;
   transition: opacity 3s ease-in-out;
}

So I guess it could be the equivalent coded in javascript ? What do you think?

Thanks !!

Off hand, I'm not seeing a quick way to change the speed of the transition. My guess is that it could be done in a similar fashion to the method I posted above but instead of overriding the timeout function, you would need to override the existing fader function.

Off hand, I'm not seeing a quick way to change the speed of the transition. My guess is that it could be done in a similar fashion to the method I posted above but instead of overriding the timeout function, you would need to override the existing fader function.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

For anyone who's not clear yet, the code does work, I used it on http://quietnomads.com to set the speed to 10 secs. Paste the code into the box on the Code Injection page.

Home > Settings > Code Injection

Change the second number of each pair in the code to the number you want. It's currently set at 2500 so you get 2.5 seconds. I changed it to 10000 to get 10 seconds, etc.

The first number, 5000 must remain as it is, as that is the speed the page is set to by Squarespace, and that is the value the second number takes as a reference to change.

Hope this helps.

For anyone who's not clear yet, the code does work, I used it on http://quietnomads.com to set the speed to 10 secs. Paste the code into the box on the Code Injection page.

Home > Settings > Code Injection

Change the second number of each pair in the code to the number you want. It's currently set at 2500 so you get 2.5 seconds. I changed it to 10000 to get 10 seconds, etc.

The first number, 5000 must remain as it is, as that is the speed the page is set to by Squarespace, and that is the value the second number takes as a reference to change.

Hope this helps.

• 10 months later...

Archived