I can't get the code to transfer the domain name?

I've been having this problem for about a week;
I'm going to transfer my domain to another company.
but I haven't received a transfer code mail for days.
The mail says that it will be sent within 24 hours. but the mail does not come, what do we do for this. can someone in charge help?

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello, this is also happening to me. 

I have taken over ownership of a web domain that my client was using Squarespace for. But I don't use Squarespace, so I need to transfer the domain to my own registrar.

I have now three times (3) requested a transfer code, which it says "Transfer code sent: An email with the transfer authorization code has been sent to the admin contact. It may take up to 24 hours to receive the code. Provide the code to your new registrar to initiate the transfer." which appears to be a blatant lie.

Because this code never comes. There is no email, just total silence darkness from Squarespace. I check spam folders, I check to make sure I have the correct email listed, I try again the next day, and there is never any transfer code.

VERY shady business practice, to hold my domain hostage and not allow me to transfer out...

Hello SquareSpace, any advice???

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Conrad0000, thanks for posting here.

As an initial troubleshooting step, confirm that the domain contact email address is correct and that it can receive emails successfully. Then, try sending the transfer code once more.

Please note, the domain contact email address may not be the same one you use to log into Squarespace. For details, see the Tip box in this section of our guide:

Transferring a domain away from Squarespace - Step 4: Request transfer code

If you still haven't received the transfer authorization code, and for any others experiencing this issue, please reach out to our Customer Support team directly, here:

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/requests/new#choose-topic

I hope this helps!

PSA: It seems like there's been a breach of private data and our domains, and is probably causing all of our issues. 

Source; https://www.theregister.com/AMP/2024/07/15/squarespace_fingered_for_dns_hijackings/

There have been numerous posts with people running into issues with their nameservers, and it turns out that not only are the sites broken, there may have been a breach, which could explain why everything is just broken, with absolutely no information coming from the squarespace team whatsoever

Other notable companies with actual security teams have confirmed that there were breaches with their company domains: 

• 4 weeks later...

I have a client for whom we have changed the contact info on the domain, used the 60-day lock bypass, got the email from SS to confirm the domain changes and the link in the button is BROKE! Blank screen landing page. Then after clicking into that blank page, we go back and request an EPP key and NO key is sent. What's up with your systems?

Edited by WebJIVE

I am writing to seek urgent assistance regarding the transfer of my domain from Squarespace. Despite previous inquiries (a week ago) , I have not yet received the authorization code necessary to proceed with the transfer.

Screenshot 2024-08-14 at 08.29.08.png

I have the same issue. I need to transfer a domain ASAP but have been waiting for the EPP code for over 24 hours. This is a serious issue. Is there any way to chat with a squarespace rep? Every time I try I get redirected to email them. I have emailed them days ago and got a response that they are still waiting on someone to review it. What is going on?????