Go to solution Solved by Lesum,

Hello!

Does anyone have code that I can use to add a dark overlay to this background image? The contrast between the background image and text will not pass WCAG standards as is. Thank you! 

P.S. - This section has a block of code currently as the image and left column text are sticky and the right column is scrolling. I can provide that additionally if needed. 

Screen Shot 2024-06-23 at 9.54.31 AM.png

@FezkoDesigns Hi! You don't need code to display a dark overlay on background images. Simply navigate to Edit > Edit Section > Background > Overlay Opacity. Also, ensure that the option under Colors, section is set to the Dark colored option.

Edited by Lesum

If my comments were useful, please like or mark my solution as answer so others can scroll to it quickly. 

Sam
Web Developer & Digital Designer

Did you find my contribution helpful? Buy me a coffee?

• Solution

Add this code to create a background overlay on a section when the section background image has been set using custom CSS.

section[data-section-id="66401df29cb8660c4f9af59c"] .section-background:before {
    content: '';
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5) !important;
    pointer-events: none;
    z-index: 1;
}

If my comments were useful, please like or mark my solution as answer so others can scroll to it quickly. 

Sam
Web Developer & Digital Designer

Did you find my contribution helpful? Buy me a coffee?