How to add social icons back to mobile menu?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

52 minutes ago, popofglitter said:

Squarespace used to have the option to show social icons on the mobile menu, but...the setting no longer exists.

You can enable social icons on the mobile navigation!

When enabled, they are displayed on both the desktop header and at the bottom of the mobile navigation.

To enable social icons:

1. Click EDIT

2. Click EDIT SITE HEADER

3. Click + ADD ELEMENTS

4. Slide the Social Links toggle to on.

image.png.8471f9c510b1e0b59ac2cb6f9b20207f.png

5. Save the changes, and you should see them when you switch to mobile preview:

image.thumb.png.1d9b2fe2fbdd3d262dee194e7c0e9adf.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

1 minute ago, paul2009 said:

You can enable social icons on the mobile navigation!

When enabled, they are displayed on both the desktop header and at the bottom of the mobile navigation.

To enable social icons:

1. Click EDIT

2. Click EDIT SITE HEADER

3. Click + ADD ELEMENTS

4. Slide the Social Links toggle to on.

image.png.8471f9c510b1e0b59ac2cb6f9b20207f.png

5. Save the changes, and you should see them when you switch to mobile preview:

image.thumb.png.1d9b2fe2fbdd3d262dee194e7c0e9adf.png

Thank you, but I want the icons visible only on the mobile menu, and not on the desktop version. Any ideas?

• Solution
41 minutes ago, popofglitter said:

Thank you, but I want the icons visible only on the mobile menu, and not on the desktop version.

You can use some Custom CSS (where is the CSS panel?) to hide them on the desktop version 🙂.

For example:

/* Hide Socials on Desktop Header */
.header-actions .header-actions-action--social {
  display: none;
}

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

• 3 weeks later...