Accordion block's link editor not working

My accordion block's link editor is not opening up. When I click on the gear, the popup opens for a split second and disappear. According to chat assistant, there is an issue on Squarespace end. Appreciate if anyone could share any workaround codes.

sigh..I don't even understand why I am paying for a subscription when Squarespace expects me to source for codes from others.

1 hour ago, MarilynLai said:

Appreciate if anyone could share any workaround codes.

Probably not a work around, but you may be able to copy/paste text with the link already attached.

You may want to try clearing your browser cache as that may help.

https://squarefortytwo.com/squarespace-guides/loading-editing-issues-on-squarespace-clear-browser-cache

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 
 🖼️ Gallery Lightbox Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

Tried clearing browser cache and also used a different laptop and used different brower, it is still not working. Squarespace is saying that it's a bug on their end. So, I build an accordion block on my page where my user could see Instructions, nutritional information and Ingredients. In the accordion block for instructions and nutritional information, there are links connected to my image. currently i needed to include 2 new nutritional information of my products and when I click on link, another popup "Editor Link" should open up but it doesn't. The reason why i know this works previously is because I just connected the link with the image for 2 other of my products.

Does the link popup work if you add a new accordion block?

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 
 🖼️ Gallery Lightbox Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2024 at 2:25 PM, MarilynLai said:

nope. popup did not work at all even after deleting and created new accordion block. its as if the plugin is faulty.

i have the exact same issue. Have you managed to insert your links?

On 5/20/2024 at 5:19 PM, WHEBRU said:

i have the exact same issue. Have you managed to insert your links?

yes i have. you would need to add your image to the link editor first. once you have done that, you need to copy the link of the image and paste it in the link field of the accordion block and it should connect fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Despite chats and a raised ticket, after so many days, I still do not see this issue solved.

We have accordions within 'additional info' section of product detail pages. It is IMPOSSIBLE to edit the accordion item description texts. The editor box where you make text bold, underline, or link disappears in a split second. We have many  URL links to create here and are waiting for a solution. 

Are there other users who still have the same issue? SQUARESPACE FOLKS - can  you please give us an update where you stand with your solution and when this is going to be solved?

I'm also still having the same issue. Spoke to Squarespace yesterday and it's a 'known issue' but no update on when they plan to fix it (sounds like it's been over a month since it's been an issue!). This is causing a serious problem for my client's ecommerce store with the way we've designed it!

Posted (edited)

Despite chats and a raised ticket, after so many days, I still do not see this issue solved.

We have many  URL links to create here and are waiting for a solution. 

SQUARESPACE FOLKS - can  you please give us an update where you stand with your solution and when this is going to be solved?

Edited by WHEBRU

If you've not reported the issue be sure to contact Customer Support. It is the only official way SS takes in reports. SS is not listening here.

I don't understand how SS can let such a serious issue go for so long.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

On 5/23/2024 at 6:30 PM, MarilynLai said:

yes i have. you would need to add your image to the link editor first. once you have done that, you need to copy the link of the image and paste it in the link field of the accordion block and it should connect fine.

Having same issue, How do you achieve this if the link field of the accordion block isn't working?

On 6/6/2024 at 3:01 PM, creedon said:

If you've not reported the issue be sure to contact Customer Support. It is the only official way SS takes in reports. SS is not listening here.

I don't understand how SS can let such a serious issue go for so long.

I have logged it and attached this thread in the report. My client really needs to address some link updates asap!

Fingers crossed it will be a quick fix.

1 hour ago, Beau_SQSP said:

This should be fixed now.

It appears to be fixed! Thanks!

Folks. If you give the editor a go and you are still seeing the same behaviour, reload the page in the browser, then try again.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

I'm having a similar issue - The option to underline text - including those with a URL link - has disappeared!! Plus, the box for editing the accordion is tiny, making it really difficult. 

Please, anyone, do you have an answer to this?