Is it possible to show an increased price for evening appointments?

Go to solution Solved by nathan.j.p,

New here - first post. My site is pretty much complete, but I do have one question that's been bugging me:

I've set up booking options for these three:

• One hour slot: £80
  • Two hour slot: £150
  • Four hour slot: £260

BUT.. I only want those prices to be valid for bookings that occur before 7.00pm.

If bookings are made for out-of-hours/late hours - i.e between 7.00pm - 11.00pm, then I want to charge an additional £30 per hour on top of the usual price.

Is it possible to do this in Acuity scheduling? 

• Replies 2
  • Views 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

The only way I know of to make this work is to create a separate appointment type for these bookings for the increased price and offer them in place of the lower value variation at those times.

If you're using packages that include that service and you want clients with those packages to be able to use the package code for those increased rate slots, you'll have to change the package from "total number of these appointments" to either "total $ ammount" or "Total number of minutes" whichever is the most relevant common denominator.

We run into these issues with our fitness studio. In a addition to conditional pricing like you're looking for, Acuity lacks the resolution of control that would make this stuff easier, like conditional logic for packages, or % deductions for packages.

That’s interesting - I was considering the option of separating the bookings by “working hours” and “outside hours” but I didn’t know if that would look odd…

But thanks for confirming. I think this might be the route I’ll have to take. It’s certainly not as elegant a solution that I wanted, but if the core functionality to do some like this isn’t in Acuity (which is surprising) then I guess I have no other option!

Thanks again!