Squarespace Email forwarding defaults for ex-Google Domains - Mailgun?

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

So good news, to anyone having this issue. I was able to update the TXT spf record, by creating a duplicate custom record. In about 10-15min the Mailgun SPF record was updated to match mine, and my custom one was removed! The step does a delayed automated updating. Now my only issue is getting the SPF record correct. Hope this helps anyone else looking for answers! (You dont need to remove the Mailgun MX records)

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2024 at 1:28 PM, kasmith said:

After my MX records were changed to mailgun.org I was able to get my original google domain email address to work as in alias in regular gmail google using the following instructions for app passwords. (It seems there is a bug in google that is making the app passwords work differently than on their guidance page.) 

follow these instructions:

3. Go to https://myaccount.google.com/

5. In the search window at the top of screen enter "app passwords"

6. Let google verify your identity

7. Where it says "app name" in the gray box enter your gmail address (email@gmail.com)

8. copy the code that is generated

9. open gmail settings (settings wheel on upper right, "see all settings", accounts and import)

10. click "Add Another Email Address"

11. in the Yellow box type the domain email address you want to use ex. name@yourdomain.com

and make sure the Treat as alias box is checked

12. Press Next Step and it the following box change the SMTP Server to smtp.gmail.com

13. Enter your gmail address exactly as entered in your app password (step 7)

14. Enter the code copied (step 8)

15. Press Add Account

16. You should receive a Verification Email from google. Follow the link and use your domain email as a gmail alias.

Thank You - I spent a couple of days searching many pages all stating the old process for adding an alias; some even from 2024 after App Passwords 'as was' were removed, after the Squarespace move and sadly still listed on Google Help Pages.
This is the first thread I have found that actually is correct and worked as listed.

My Squarespace Domain migration also migrated my email aliases, pointing back to my Gmail address so I have not had any issues that some appear to have had.

Thanks again.

I am also google customer moved over to squarespace and have a tonne of new entries and all the malign ones mentioned.

I've just got mailerlite and tried to authenticate but it says "SenderIP/SPF has more than one record, remove all others and leave only one. 

so i have 2 x TXT SPF entries that have 'goodle' in them

and then 1 TXT SPF that is mailgun.

Q: can i delete these? what might go wrong?

Q: can i use mailerlite if they have already attached malign to my domain????