Adding Zoom feature in light box

Hello, I'd like to know a way of adding a zoom-in feature in the galleries, so when the user clicks on a picture, once the photo is opened in lightbox, they can zoom in to see details and texture of the image. I'm surprised that I don't find that feature in Squarespace, since it's very needed. Each time a lightbox opens, the picture looks almost the same size as its thumbnail.

My site is demo-guidomauas.squarespace.com

Password: cachofontana

I would very much appreciate any help or insight on this.

Adding a zoom-in feature to galleries in Squarespace can enhance the user experience and allow visitors to view images in more detail. While Squarespace doesn't offer a built-in zoom feature for lightbox galleries, you can achieve this effect using a workaround with custom code or third-party plugins.

1. use custom codes
  2. third party plugins
13 hours ago, david_123 said:

Adding a zoom-in feature to galleries in Squarespace can enhance the user experience and allow visitors to view images in more detail. While Squarespace doesn't offer a built-in zoom feature for lightbox galleries, you can achieve this effect using a workaround with custom code or third-party plugins.

1. use custom codes
  2. third party plugins

Could you be more specific? I'd appreciate that. Like, for example, providing such custom code that allows the zoom-in, or name some plug ins...

On 5/2/2024 at 9:34 AM, GMA said:

Hello, I'd like to know a way of adding a zoom-in feature in the galleries, so when the user clicks on a picture, once the photo is opened in lightbox, they can zoom in to see details and texture of the image. I'm surprised that I don't find that feature in Squarespace, since it's very needed. Each time a lightbox opens, the picture looks almost the same size as its thumbnail.

My site is demo-guidomauas.squarespace.com

Password: cachofontana

I would very much appreciate any help or insight on this.

Our Lightbox Studio plugin provide the feature out of the box, we also created a dedicated playground for your website to test in action

Check it out here

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox - Lightbox captions only mode)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 No-code customisations for Squarespace
🚀 Learn how to rank new pages on Google in 48 hours!

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!