Missing Domain

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone has encountered a similar issue to what we're facing right now.

We purchased several domains a while back, with www.torrenegra.org being one of them. We haven't used it as we were saving it for future purposes.

We tracked the last email we received regarding the domain renewal to last year. However, when we go to Google Domains, we can't find it, and when we check WHOIS to see who owns the domain, it appears that Squarespace is our host, but we can't find it on Squarespace either.

So, long story short, has anyone else had an issue with their domain going missing between Google and Squarespace?

Google Domains.png

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having the exact same problem! I registered a domain with Google domains in 2022 and am just now trying to develop a website on it. But I see no domains here, even though WHOIS shows Squarespace Domains II LLC as the registrar. What gives?

See if this article by Squarespace is helpful About the Google Domains migration to Squarespace

-------- > 👆 <---------- Please quote or @ me when replying, or I won't get a notification 

Melody | Squarespace Nerd

💻 💁‍♀️ 1-2-1 Squarespace Training session <- feeling stuck and want to learn?
👩‍💻 💁‍♀️ Website help <- send me your to-do list. From code to plugin to domain setup.
🧰 See the tools I use (contain affiliate links)
 Did I help? I like coffee (Thank you)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes I am having same issue already lost 2 domains 3rd is going down tomorrow, support of squarespace is worthless, my business website is down due to squarespace since begining of this month. Google was original domain provider, they do not provide any help anymor.

Squarespace is lost with their system.

Shortly what is happening with in case is missing billing on squarespace, missing domains in the overview so links provided in the email from them to pay for next year are broken.

• 2 weeks later...

I received an email from Squarespace asking me to renew my domain, the domain is purchased via Google Domain. When I received the email I follow the instruction login to Squarespace with my google credential, only to discover my domain is missing. I have raised a case ticket 10694176 and need urgent assistance. My domain is ablematch.com, I am just about to start my development and need this resolve urgently. Thank you.

Last month I asked for transfer code from Squarespace, but i did not completed the process. Only asked for transfer code. Then I changed my mind and I wanted to renew my domain. But i couldnt find my domain in my squarespace domain list. I asked to them and they said to me that ''you are transfered away the domain'' 

I explaind the process and said not. to transfered away. Since then they are trying to solve the problem. I am still waiting for solution. In this time, my domain's expire date has come. I hope they will find it back.

Unfortunately, the support team makes me nervous. 

• 3 weeks later...