• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The instructions you read are out of date. SS has since moved things around. Settings is now on the home page.

Just to be clear the export is not a backup in the sense that you can restore your site from it. It would contain some of the site content but is not a perfect copy.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Thanks again...I went to "Settings" which is in the 2nd screenshot. I've attached a screenshot. As you can see, still no "Advance" option.

Also, I understand that this is not a real backup (like with ftp) and I have made a duplicate of the website (and I've done screenshots) but I just feel more comfortable if I have as much data as possible put aside. Who knows when someone is going out of business. 🫣

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 2.23.06 PM.png

26 minutes ago, SlippySlope said:

As you can see, still no "Advance" option.

SS changed things around and there is no Advanced anymore. The option you want is there on the last screenshot you provided. Import & Export Content.

So the path is Home > Settings > Website > Import & Export Content.

Note : Home is not explicitly stated in the UI but it is often referred to as that as it is the top level you can get to when navigating the left panel.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.