Is it possible to have our customers upload images?

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

We want to be able to accept images from our customers. These will not be the images we use internally in our site presentation — it’s our buying public who would upload/send us the images for us to process. I see lots of different form fields for collecting, say, contact info, but no file-upload field.

Is this possible?

=====

Squarespace looks like a great platform for e-commerce if we have widgets to sell. Our customers would fill out a form, submit order info, then we’d fulfil that from a warehouse somewhere.

We process images. Customers must be able to get images to us (both onesie-twosie images and hundreds of images in bulk, but we aren’t yet worried about bulk, we’re interested in the onesie-twosies right now). We have no warehouse with widgets to ship. Customer gets an image to us, we process it and get the results back to them.

Is there a way to allow our clientele to upload images to us?

Edited by rhyann

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but there is currently no way for a customer / non contributing user to upload images or other content to the site.

Using some sort of form - either the Squarespace one or an external one eg Formstack plugging into Squarespace it should be possible I think. I've not done it personally but there would be a way I think. Formstack definitely works with Squarespace

My guess is the Squarespace form itself doesn't do this but I've not checked

Don't expect to easily integrate it with Squarespace commerce though.

Edited by scoobie

I removed the bit about the form from the title, I didn’t think it would materially change the nature of question (just shorten it). The opening line sums it up nicely too.

The name is an Anglicised form of the Greek Korvetti — I like to think there’s a little bit of the ancient Hellenic drive in me.

Apologies. I took the reference to the absence of a "file upload field" in the discussion about the forms to mean the OP wanted users to upload materials to the site.

Sorry for the confusion -- no we do not want our customers adding content to our website. We want them to be able to send images to our processing mechanism. Hope that helps :)

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi @WillT, I made a video tutorial for you on how to Allow Customers to Upload Images. Hope this helps! https://www.askquesty.com/post/squarespace-form-file-upload

Edited by AskQuesty

Have Squarespace questions/task and need help today? **You can hire us here.** Our answers are on-demand, video recorded, and only cost between $5 to $25. Estimates are free, 100% satisfaction guarantee, and trusted by hundreds of small businesses.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...