ADD underline to CAPTION TEXT under all PORTFOLIO ITEMS

Go to solution Solved by cscholz,

Hi I simply need to add a 1px underline to all captions for my PROJECTS page (which is a portfolio grid in 7.1)

I'm sure it's easy, but for some reason I can't find it anywhere on web. Also, mac: command+U doesn't seem to work in this case.

Thanks!

On 4/3/2024 at 3:33 AM, justinbauer said:

Hi I simply need to add a 1px underline to all captions for my PROJECTS page (which is a portfolio grid in 7.1)

I'm sure it's easy, but for some reason I can't find it anywhere on web. Also, mac: command+U doesn't seem to work in this case.

Thanks!

Hi, try adding this to custom css:

Edit: @justinbauer, sorry, there was an error in the code I first replied with. This one's the right one.

.gallery-section .gallery-caption p  {
  text-decoration:underline;
}
Edited by Jia
edited selector

Please give this a 👍 if it helps. Make sure to quote me or tag me in your reply, otherwise I won't be notified.

Hi, I would also like my text to be underlined on my portfolio (simple grid/ caption below image). I tried the code you added but it isn't working for me. Possible because I have a custom font as my H2 font? If possible, is there a CSS code for the caption to be underlined on hover?

2 hours ago, cscholz said:

Hi, I would also like my text to be underlined on my portfolio (simple grid/ caption below image). I tried the code you added but it isn't working for me. Possible because I have a custom font as my H2 font? If possible, is there a CSS code for the caption to be underlined on hover?

Hi, the caption isn't a heading, your custom font won't affect it. This one's on me, I made an error with the previous code I posted.

If you'd like the caption to be underlined on hover, use this code:

.gallery-section .gallery-caption p:hover  {
  text-decoration:underline;
}

Please give this a 👍 if it helps. Make sure to quote me or tag me in your reply, otherwise I won't be notified.

@Jia Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, that did not work either. I have been using my custom font as the only font for my website (going for a brutalist aesthetic). I'm not sure why it still doesn't work? If you need my url and log in please let me know. I appreciate it

• Solution

I may have figured it out. It shouldn't be gallery, but portfolio:

.portfolio-grid-basic .portfolio-title:hover{
  text-decoration: underline;
  color: Black !important;
}

Works nice on hover. Is there a way to have the caption be underlined when hovering over image above?

On 4/9/2024 at 1:33 AM, cscholz said:

I may have figured it out. It shouldn't be gallery, but portfolio:

Works nice on hover. Is there a way to have the caption be underlined when hovering over image above?

You can share link to portfolio page so we can check your case easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)